Skip to main content

The Book of Knowledge

The Book Of Knowledge

The Book of Knowledge was a set of dusty brown leather books that sat on a high shelf in my parents study. I remember thinking that everything one needed to know in life was in these books, if only you could read them start to finish. I told Dan that he could start with the last volume and work backwards and I would start with the first volume and at the end we would be the smartest wools in the world.

Wagon Plane

I duct taped  cardboard wings to our Radio Flyer wagon, put on goggles, and rode it down the hill behind our house. It did not go fast enough to fly.

Ficus

Before I could walk, I would crawl out of my crib in the middle of the night and down
the hall to our ficus plant. I would pull myself up on the edge of
The planter and eat the dirt. I have no memory of this.

Choose Your Own Adventure

I was in the New Room reading a Choose Your Own Adventure book and listening to the radio. I made a wrong choice and I went down with the ship. At the same time, the song Memory from Cats came on. It was the saddest I had ever felt.

Magnolia Tree

My parents wanted to block their neighbors from seeing into their house, so they bought a small magnolia tree. After a year of growing, it only covered  one pane of the neighbors window.








Comments